The time has come – Warwick Economics Society is holding it’s 2018 elections on Friday 2nd March from 5:30pm in OC1.05 (The Oculus).
EconSoc is the largest academic society on campus and one of the most important and prestigious student-run organisations at Warwick, with almost 30 years of history. Now is your chance to shape the future of the society at the most important event in our calendar, through running for a position or voting.
Positions up for election
Head of Marketing & Communications (x2)
Careers Coordinator (x2)
Talks Coordinator (x2)
Assumptions Editor (x2)
Social Secretary (x2)
Ball Coordinator (x2)
Tour Secretary (x2)
Descriptions of all the roles available are available here:
For President and Vice President, you should have previous leadership experience, though experience within EconSoc is not required for any role. Students in all year groups are encouraged to run for positions.
Running for a position
– You can only run for one position, so choose carefully and make sure you are well suited to the role you apply to.
– Self-nominate yourself for a position and submit a manifesto no later than Monday 26th February at 23:55 by filling in the form here: https://goo.gl/forms/
– The full rules are available here: https://drive.google.com/
– Candidates that fail to adhere to the rules will be disqualified.
– To be eligible to obtain a voting slip, voters must have been members of Warwick Economics Society on or before Monday 26th February at 11:55pm.
– Each member of the society is entitled to one vote per position and two votes where two positions are open for a role.
– On election night, members can only vote for positions for which they have heard the speeches of all candidates for, and the last voting slips will be issued at 6:15pm.
– Following all of the speeches, voting slips will be collected and counted by current elected Exec members that are not re-running in the 2018 election.
– The results of the elections will be made available as soon as possible after the process has concluded.
Meet The Current Exec
A drop-in session/meet and greet is being held at the Terrace Bar from 5:00pm on Wednesday 21st February to give members the opportunity to speak to current Exec about their roles. Members can also contact Exec directly or speak with Exec members at other society events or around campus.
We look forward to seeing as many members as possible run for and vote for positions this year, and are keen to make sure the election process is as fair and open as possible. If you have any questions or concerns about the election process, please contact the current President (Gokulan Kannan) or Vice President (Naikpreet Mahil), contact us on our Facebook page where we will forward your question, or email elections@warwickeconomics
See you at elections!