Sports Co-ordinator: Miami Choudhury
Sports are a big part of Warwick Economics Society and are a great way to keep fit and expand your network, no matter which year you are in.
There are currently 3 football teams (11-a-side) and 1 netball team. Football matches run on Saturdays and Sundays at the Tarkett pitch and netball matches on Saturdays and Wednesdays at the Lakeside Courts.
Beyond our main teams, you can also get involved with the other events that run throughout the year in collaboration with other parts of the society. Examples include charity sports matches and inter-society socials which are set to take place in Term 2.
- Meet new people from all years
- Productive break from work
- All matches on campus
- Each team plays once a week
- More relaxed and less time consuming than a university-level sports team
- Much cheaper than a university level team
- It’s fun!
It doesn’t matter if you are a complete beginner or an absolute baller – come and join in.